Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ball Machine

Finally got a ball machine, picked it up when I was on Holidays in Taiwan. It's an Avalox 989D. It's got all the basic features, but also since it's got 2 spinning wheels, it can do 'no-spin' balls and should be able to create spin relatively independent of speed (and vice versa).

It was a big box to bring back on the plane, weighed 22kg. Lucky there was 4 of us, or we would have been well over our weight limit.

Hope this beat will help me practice some shots that I've been working on, and the net system will be good for practicing serves... the most important part of my game.

Since we (well my wife actually) run a table shop, it's going to be real handy to have a ball machine for systematic testing and comparing of rubbers and blades... might take me a while to get it all set up though.. but that's part of the fun.

I will take some pictures and do a review as soon as I've got it set up... can't wait!!!

No comments: