Friday, October 27, 2006

Review: Palio Emperor Dragon rubber

Palio Emperor Dragon rubber.

A friend was kind enough to lend me this rubber so that I could try it (thanks Silver!)

This rubber is quite similar to some of the other Palio rubbers I have tried. It seems Very similar to the Yasaka (not endorced by Yasaka Japan) New Era (42-44deg) or Zap rubbers, which I believe is made in the same Palio factory, and all the markings look the same.

The topsheet is quite thin, and very slightly tacky, which wears off after a few sessions. The sponge is a little firm, probably around 41-42deg, which is what it was marked with.

I found this a pretty decent rubber allround, not all that fast but good control. Good for looping, hitting and pushing, but not really special in any way. I had it glued on with a single thick layer of speed glue, but there did not appear to be much effect there, perhaps it needs a few more layers.

Conclusion - A bit of a euro like rubber which is pretty good alround, but the cheaper pricetag is the main attraction.

No comments: