Sunday, June 24, 2007

Review Higher III

I had a bit of a go with the Higher III rubber from 729. This is the same topsheet as the normal 729 Higher rubber, but with a quality Japanese sponge.

As mentioned before in other higher III reviews, this rubber is indeed a great looping rubber, but this is not all it's good at...

The Japanese sponge feels quite different to the normal higher transcend sponge... a fair bit softer and more flexible. A single layer of my Tibhar long laster glue gave it a huge dome, and softened it up a fair bit more again.

My loops had a loud clicking sound... with plenty of pace and great spin. It felt much more like a euro type looping rubber, as I needed to dig the ball into the rubber a little more to get the speed and lift, or it would go into the net. Once I got used to this it felt great!

The surface of the rubber is tacky, but only mildly. This made is very good for serves and the short game.

Blocking and counter looping was awesome, and it seemed quite insensitive to incoming spin... Also smashing was great...I felt like I could not miss...

Chopping and the short game was quite controllable, which is good for a glued up rubber.

Unfortunately I did not try it unglued, so i can't comments on how much improvement there was from the gluing....

No comments: