Sunday, June 24, 2007

JUIC Masterspin Special Part 2

Although this rubber does not really suit my style, my review may not be that comprehensive or complete, but I figure it's better than nothing, so here it goes:

Firstly as a long pimple player I was amazed by how well I could drop shots with this JUIC rubber! On slow blocking or touch it's slower than my long pimple rubber!

It has very good grip, almost tacky, allowing me to impart fairly heavy backspin, similar to a spinny short pimple rubber.

Returning serve worked well too, I could even flip some short backspin
serves. The grip and soft feel really help here. It was a little sensitive to incoming spin, but this was to be expected of course... you can't have it both ways!

Against loops I could chop, but it felt quite a bit faster then, so harder to control, I don't think this rubber is ideal for this, but it's certainly possible, especially on a slower blade.

Blocking against loops was consistent with good control. There was little spin reversal, most balls returned had no spin, which still troubled my opponent.

Once I started hitting harder it really picked up in speed, and felt a lot like a spinny short pimple rubber. It attacked very much like a spinny short pip, but not all that fast... until the blade came into it, and then there was plenty of power.

All in all I was quite impressed with the rubber, particularly the touch in the short game. It's probably more like a short pip than a long pip, but is slower and grippier than most short pips and offers excellent control and touch....

No comments: