Sunday, June 20, 2010

Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX is here - was it worth the wait?

The much anticipated Tenergy 05 FX is finally here, and first reports sound very promising.

The general perception is that it's a more controlled version of the regular Tenergy 05, and therefore suitable to a wider range of players, particularly lower level player, who struggled to control the Tenergy 05.

Basically the Tenergy 05 FX is a Tenergy 05 topsheet with a softer but similar sponge. It retains most of the benefits of the regular 05, but it's more forgiving and easier to play with.

You can find some early detailed reviews and pictures on this rubber on OOAK Table Tennis Reviews here:
Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX Reviews

1 comment:

Jackson said...

I'm a bit upset that it is marketed as appealing to lower level players, yet the price remains the same as regular Tenergy 05. I've not used FX but I have given regular 05 a go on my friends bat and can honestly say I don't see what all the fuss is about. Maybe I'm missing the subtleties. Are you using it?
Great blog by the way.
Jackson