Sunday, April 05, 2009

Comparing 4 different long pimple rubbers

I'vejust received 4 long pimple rubbers and will do a comparison between them. The rubbers (all RED, OX) are:

1. Milky Way (Galaxy/Yin-He) Neptune
2. Double Fish 1615
3. Palio CK531A
4. Meteor 8512

First the bounce test

I drop the ball from about 25cm and see how high the ball bounces. I've taken a video of it, which I'll upload later. The results are as follows:

In order of height, starting at the highest rebound

1. Neptune / Palio - very close
2. 1615 - a little lower and slower
3. Meteor 8512 - a LOT lower and slower!

The Meteor was dead compared to all 3 of the other... I'm a little amazed how much slower this one is!

Next tests will be against the ball machine.

I propose to test

1. Reversal on soft blocks
2. Reversal on harder blocks
3. Sensitivity to spin
4. Ability to generate spin

1 comment:

Fastest Serve said...

Thanks Nice info for pimple players